Make Our Way Out is a special initiative committing resources worth $25,000 to develop up to three new circus works from established Australian circus and physical theatre artists.
Each residency will receive:
- seed funding of $2,000 plus in-kind support of up to $6,500
- up to three weeks access to the Flying Fruit Fly Circus (FFFC) rehearsal facilities and equipment
- access to FFFC trainers and staff
- creative feedback and support
- public liability and workers compensation insurance for all artists contracted for the duration of the residency
- free accommodation in our Circus House, a five minute walk from FFFC, subject to negotiation of dates
- performance opportunity at FFFC and potential future producing support
Each project will:
- Use FFFC space to develop new work, for up to three weeks
- Engage with the FFFC full-time student body in a way to be negotiated (eg. masterclass, industry talk)
- Perform a work-in-progress showing to a community audience at a time to be agreed
The lead artist must have an established track record in the creation and performance of circus works, and reside in Australia.
We just want great ideas! Your application will need to include:
- Your creative concept
- Your CV
- Brief bios of anyone else in your team
- A suggested timeframe
- An indication of how you can work in a physically distanced environment
A conversation with our Artistic Director Anni Davey will be scheduled with shortlisted applicants after submissions close.
Applications will be accepted via online form. As the form cannot be saved before submitting, we suggest drafting your application in a separate document before uploading. If you have any questions or require assistance with your application please email Richard Hull.
Applications are due by 5pm, Wednesday 20 May.