EOI FOR GUEST CIRCUS TRAINERS
The Flying Fruit Fly Circus is seeking Guest Circus Trainers in Aerials and Acrobatics for short term contracts.
The Flying Fruit Fly Circus (FFFC) is one of Australia’s leading youth arts companies and an Arts8 national centre for excellence in arts training. It delivers a unique circus program for young people aged 8-19 and creates and tours dynamic circus for young and family audiences.
We are seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified circus artists / coaches to join our team and help deliver a comprehensive circus training program from basic to advanced. You will be an experienced practitioner in circus arts or gymnastics, or someone seeking advancement in their professional coaching career, and passionate about your craft and working with young people.
We would like to hear from anyone meeting these criteria who is interested in short-term positions of between 4 – 20 weeks or longer-term up to one year, with positions available to start in April 2023.
We provide flexible terms and can combine salaried hours with access to our award-winning space and equipment for your own skills development or artistic research. Accommodation may be negotiated subject to availability.
This is a wonderful opportunity to enjoy a regional pace of life and all that Albury-Wodonga has to offer while growing your network in Australia’s ever expanding circus industry.
Essential Skills and Experience
- High level skills in your chosen disciplines.
- Experience in circus arts training.
- Proven experience of working with and coaching young people.
- Good understanding of the rigors of a high-level training organisation.
- Ability to be adaptable and learn new skills and apparatus.
- Demonstrated interest in training methodology and pedagogy.
- Ability and willingness to teach different age groups from basic recreational to elite.
- Demonstrated abilities to work within and contribute positively to a team environment.
- Australian citizen or working visa.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or equivalent qualifications.
- Familiarity with circus and physical theatre.
- Experience of cross-disciplinary art forms.
- Experience of working within a youth arts company.
- An understanding of the challenges and opportunities of a regional arts organisation.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate ideas.
- Calm under pressure and able to solve problems effectively.
- Ability to work happily in a busy creative youth arts environment.
- A passion for creative learning and the benefits of youth circus.
Email your interest with a CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us for further information on 02 6043 0777.