Applications open soon.
This program is designed to support emerging and established artists to develop and perform original new physical theatre and circus works.
Each residency will receive:
- Cash seed funding and in-kind support
- Up to three weeks access to the Flying Fruit Fly Circus (FFFC) rehearsal facilities and equipment.
- Advice, feedback and mentorship
- Public liability and workers compensation insurance for all artists contracted for the duration of the residency
- Free accommodation in our Circus House, a five minute walk from FFFC, subject to negotiation of dates
- Basic technical support for a work-in-progress showing
This is a residency program for emerging and established circus and physical theatre artists. We define emerging as in your first five years of professional practice and established artists will need to demonstrate their work history.
Examples of successful projects:
World Repair Technicians by acrobat (Simon Yates and Jo Lancaster)
Tale of the Two Harpies by Nicci Wilks and Emilie Bloom
December by Jake Silvestro
Wattle Street by Unvarnished Circus (Ellen Perry Armstrong, Indigo Walker Stelling, Jacqui Turner, Lucy Tan and Maisie Walker Stelling)