Applications for 2020 are now closed.
This program is designed to support emerging artists develop and perform original new physical theatre and circus works, concluding with an informal presentation during our annual Borderville Circus Festival in Albury-Wodonga.
Each residency will receive:
- Seed funding of $2,000 and in-kind support of up to $7,000
- Up to three weeks access to the Flying Fruit Fly Circus (FFFC) rehearsal facilities and equipment.
- Advice, feedback and mentorship
- Public liability and workers compensation insurance for all artists contracted for the duration of the residency
- Free accommodation in our Circus House, a five minute walk from FFFC, subject to negotiation of dates
- Basic technical support for a work-in-progress showing during Borderville Circus Festival (December 2020).
- 80% of net box office revenue from showing
The lead artist/s must have a NSW residential address. Other members of the team may reside elsewhere.
This is a residency program for emerging circus & physical theatre artists. We define emerging as in your first five years of professional practice.