The Flying Fruit Fly Circus is a unique and rewarding place to work, based in one of Australia’s most vibrant regional centres.
If you are interested to learn more about career opportunities with us, please email email@example.com or give us a call on 02 6043 0777.
School and Student Liaison Officer
Part time | 1 year initial contract
The Flying Fruit Fly Circus is seeking a School and Student Liaison Officer to join our team, a rewarding role overseeing the relationship between the circus and our academic partners, the Flying Fruit Fly Circus School and Wodonga Senior Secondary College, effectively communicating with our young artists and their families across a range of activities, helping to manage schedules and timetables and building and coordinating our wellbeing programs.
This is a joint appointment between the FFFC and our schools and will report to the circus’ Chief Executive Officer.
Download the Job Information Pack for more information.
Applications close: Thursday 31 January 2019
Experienced Circus Trainers
We are always on the look out for circus trainers.
You can contact us at anytime with an expression of interest if you are a suitably qualified professional and want to join our team, helping to deliver a comprehensive circus training program from basic to advanced. You will be an experienced practitioner in circus arts or gymnastics training, or someone seeking advancement in their professional coaching career, and passionate about your craft and working with young people.
We would like to hear from anyone who meets this criteria and is interested in short-term positions of 4-20 weeks or longer term for a year or more.
The positions are flexible and can combine salaried work with access to our award-winning space and equipment for your own training development or artistic research.
This is a wonderful opportunity to enjoy a regional pace of life and all that Albury-Wodonga has to offer while growing your network in Australia’s ever expanding circus industry.
Essential Skills and Experience
- High level skills in your chosen disciplines.
- Experience in circus and/or gymnastics.
- Proven experience of working with and coaching young people.
- Good understanding of the rigors of a high-level training organisation.
- Ability to be adaptable and learn new skills and apparatus.
- Demonstrated interest in training methodology and pedagogy.
- Ability and willingness to teach different age groups from basic recreational to elite.
- Demonstrated abilities to work within and contribute positively to a team environment.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or equivalent qualifications.
- Familiarity with circus and physical theatre.
- Experience of cross-disciplinary art forms.
- Experience of working within a youth arts company.
- An understanding of the challenges and opportunities of a regional arts organisation.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate ideas.
- Calm under pressure and able to solve problems effectively.
- Ability to work happily in a busy creative youth arts environment.
- A passion for creative learning and the benefits of youth circus.
Email your interest with a CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us for further information: 02 6043 0777