Flying Fruit Fly Circus is pleased to invite submissions from NSW artists and artistic teams to be part of the 2020 Under Construction residency program.
Submissions will close at 5pm on Friday 27 March 2020.
Under Construction is a new initiative from Australia’s National Youth Circus to develop and support emerging circus artists in regional NSW. It provides a structure for the creative development and presentation of original new physical theatre and circus works, concluding with a work-in-progress premiere during the annual Borderville Circus Festival in Albury-Wodonga.
Each residency will receive:
- seed funding of $4,000 and in-kind support of up to $7,000
- up to three weeks access to the Flying Fruit Fly Circus (FFFC) rehearsal facilities and equipment.
- advice, feedback and mentorship
- public liability and workers compensation insurance for all artists contracted for the duration of the residency
- free accommodation in our Circus House, a five minute walk from FFFC, subject to negotiation of dates
- basic technical support for a work-in-progress showing during Borderville Circus Festival (December 2020).
- 80% of net box office revenue from showing
- A full length video, promo edit and production photography from the showing
The lead artist/s must have a NSW residential address. Other members of the team may reside elsewhere.
This is a residency program for emerging circus & physical theatre artists. We define emerging as in your first five years of professional practice.
Application is via an online form. Applicants who have difficulties accessing or submitting the online form should contact FFFC Executive Producer on 02 6043 0710 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will close on 27 March 2020 at 5pm.
Download and read the guidelines here.
Download the example budget template here. Budgets will be accepted in any form, you do not have to use this template.
Complete your application online here.
Please note the form is not able to be saved before submitting, so we recommend drafting all of your answers in a separate document before uploading.
Applicants are encouraged to talk through their applications with us before submitting. Contact us on (02) 6043 0710 or email@example.com to arrange a time.